We use cookies on this site to enable your digital experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. close

Experts Allowed To Testify That Fire In Home Started In Vacuum Charger

Mealey's (July 17, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT) -- DETROIT — Two experts for an insurer and insured homeowners can testify that a fire that damaged the insureds’ home was caused by a faulty charger for a hand-held vacuum cleaner because the experts’ methods are reliable and their opinions will help the jury, a Michigan federal judge ruled July 13 (Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company, et al., v. Black & Decker [U.S.], Inc., No. 13-cv-14312, E.D. Mich.; 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 90188).

(Opinion available. Document #30-150814-001Z.)

Fire, Electrical Experts

In February 2012, a fire burned...
To view the full article, register now.